"He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."
Matthew 25:33

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday Report

Having attended my first caucus in 2006, last night was a great surprise. Two years ago, I was one of three people representing my precinct. So I did not in my wildest dreams imagine that over thirty people would show up. It was a good time and every one was active with the straw poll and delegate/alternate elections. We also addressed about five different resolutions. Each of the resolutions that were presented provided us with lively discussions.

I want to thank every one involved in the success of last night's 39a precinct caucus's. This would include all the citizens that came to be involved in our great democracy. Also the 18 precinct conveners, many of which were first timers like myself as well as all the volunteers. A special thanks to the staff at Friendly Hills Middle School.

The results of our straw poll,

Mike Huckabee-----69
Alan Keyes ----------7
John McCain -----168
Ron Paul ----------106
Mitt Romney -----201

I look forward to seeing all the newly elected delegates and alternates at the 39a BPOU convention, March 8th, at Faith United Methodist Church, 1530 Oakdale Ave., West Saint Paul, MN 55118

No comments: