"He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."
Matthew 25:33

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rick Hansen Update

The transportation vote just took place at 6:11 this evening. It was 89 yes 44 no. I will post the names and how they voted as soon as I get the information. Here is what Representative Hansen has to say about it. This is from his email update which I received minutes ago.

TRANSPORTATION FUNDING BILL

I am voting for HF 2800 Transportation Finance which does:

$6.55 billion in new revenue over the next ten years;
the gas tax is increased 2 cents immediately and 3 cents on 10/1/08;
their is a gas tax surcharge of up to 3.5 cents to pay of transportation revenue bonds;
tab fee caps are removed and the depreciation schedule is accelerated;
$1.8 billion / 10 year trunk highway and bridge bonding program;
$650 million in bonding for bridges;1/4 cent sales metro sales tax dedicated to transit (I voted for the referendum requirement which failed)Leased motor vehicles sales tax dedicated to transportation (I co-authored the Madore amendment to help distribute more funds for Dakota county and other suburban communities)

No comments: