"He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."
Matthew 25:33

Monday, February 2, 2009

I Will Never Spend Another Dime at Sun Current Newspapers

This morning I received an email from the Sun Current Newspapers. This email is soliciting customers to spend a hundred bucks on an add urging the citizens of our communities to contact our elected officials in Washington to urge them to pass the Messiah's (Obama's) stimulus package. Maybe the hard economic times are having a negative affect on them. None the less, I feel it is not the place for a local rag like the Sun Current to promote their social or political agenda.


Below is the email I received from the Sun Newspapers.


Hello-

Sun Newspapers knows the importance of getting Americans back to work.
Congress is in the process of passing a landmark economic recovery package
and we believe it is important to have Minnesotans contact their
Congressional representatives and senators. Therefore we have put together
an advocacy ad encouraging our readers to contact the elected officials
today. The advocacy ad will run in all the Minnesota Sun Newspapers the
week of February 2 and 9th reaching more than 450,000 homes. The ad will
also appear on our website which draws more than 1.4 million page requests
monthly. Can we add your company name or your personal name to this
advocacy ad for $100?

See the attachment for the page example.

Call or email me with your commitment! Thank you so much!

"In the Community, With the Community, For the Community"


This is what I sent off to them voicing my concern for what I saw as media bias,

This is asinine and I will have no part of it. You should have a page for those who appose this! As a past candidate for office, the Sun has always claimed to play a non partisan role in our community. This shows you for what you really are. The last thing a newspaper should be involved in is an attempt at social engineering. Theodore Roosevelt believed one hundred years ago that the press abused the first amendment. I believe this could be what he was talking about. I suggest you take a look back at the great depression and you will see that our government did the same things that led up to it. And this is where we are headed today if we continue down this path. That goes for the Bush administrations bailout and the same goes for this one under Obama. I suggest you read the book "What Has Government Done to Our Money?" by Murray N Rothbard, an economist with the Misses Institute. You can read it here,
http://www.mises.org/books/whathasgovernmentdone.pdf

In the future I hope that you will stick to reporting the news rather than attempting to use your paper to further your political agenda.

Thank You,

Bill Jungbauer

1 comment:

Bill Jungbauer said...

This was sent to me by my friend Norann,

http://www.cato.org/special/stimulus09/cato_stimulus.pdf