"He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."
Matthew 25:33

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bill Jungbauer, House Candidate for 39A

I have been working toward this moment for the last few months and now it is official, I am the House District 39A candidate for 2008. On Saturday, March 8th I was unanimously endorsed at our 39A convention. We had a great turn out with more than 120 people and many new faces. At this time I must let everyone at the convention and all my supporters know how very thankful I am. I am truly a lucky man.

It has been mentioned that I should write about what is involved in a campaign. So I may just do that. But before I go into any of my campaign episodes I have to mention that I have great respect for the work a person puts into running for office. Despite what party they are with, it takes an incredible amount of energy and creativity to be a candidate. Win or lose. The moment you put your name on the ballot it is as if you are instantly disliked by 30% of the voters. Just because of that "R" or "D" or "I" after your name. What makes us alike is that we have a desire to serve our community, and in my eyes, that is honorable. So now it is time for me to say to my opponent Rick Hansen, good luck! It's game time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Uncle Bill!