"He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."
Matthew 25:33

Friday, June 19, 2009

Barney Frank - A Great Idea

It is rare that I agree with Barney Frank, but this is one of those rare cases.


Rep. Frank says that "Criminalizing choices that adults make because we think they are unwise ones, when the choices involved have no negative effect on the rights of others, is not appropriate in a free society".

I agree.

How about the right to buy and use incandescent light bulbs?  How about the right to pay my employees bonuses when I think they have earned them?  How about the right to buy insurance from the provider of my choice, on terms that I and that provider agree upon?

Rep. Frank has co-sponsored this legislation with Ron Paul.  I hope Rep. Paul will be able to convince Rep. Frank that the logic he purports to support applies to a much broader array of issues.

No comments: