"He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."
Matthew 25:33

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Campaigning on my Birthday

Yesterday, June 7th was my 51st birthday. It was a great day, warm and sunny. I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon at Mendakota Park in Mendota Heights. It was the Mendota Heights Parks Celebration Kick Off. Everyone was friendly. It was a great time shaking hands, putting stickers on kids and even some adults. Some folks new me from my campaign for state senate two years ago and urged me to make sure I get to their house with lawn signs. Many people are concerned for their freedom and constitutional liberties. Taxes, education, transportation, warehousing of our children's DNA, the patriot act, national ID's, pro-life and pro second amendment were all subjects of concern.

From there I went to Bugg's Bar on Concord in South Saint Paul. Here I met many great Vietnam Veterans that were having a benefit to fund a war memorial in Wisconsin. Because it was my birthday I believe it was prudent to have a couple of cocktails with the troops. Spent some money on raffle tickets and ate some great food. The cake, (what was left of it), was red, white and blue and was delicious.

Marianne Stebbins was on 100.3 KTLK radio with Sue Jeffers at 5:00. Called in during the discussion on the MNGOP Convention. Andy Aplikowski was on the phone from his cabin in Wisconsin. My friend Lorri called in and it was an informative discussion. I look forward to next weeks show.

Finished the day at the Taco House with my wife of twenty five years and our new friend Joe T. The red chili burritos are an awesome culinary delight.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

thanks for spelling my name right! Indeed, it was an informative discussion!

Lorri