"He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."
Matthew 25:33

Monday, August 10, 2009

Health care - one untruth at a time

So far, I have tried very hard to avoid calling a spade a spade in this debate.  There are often differing points of view, and one does not want to use harsh words if they are not absolutely necessary.  Our President should be respected, and what he says should be believed.

Unfortunately, what has come from our President's mouth in recent days cannot be whitewashed.  He is misleading and misinforming the public, and I cannot be honest myself if I don't call a lie a lie.

This morning I want to refute one of the more egregious assertions - that "no one is talking about cutting medicare".  See video here.  This one takes enormous chutzpah, because Obama himself was reported only a few weeks ago to have proposed Medicare cuts.  here.  Do a little Google searching.  In mid June, there was lots of buzz about this.

No comments: