"He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."
Matthew 25:33

Monday, April 9, 2007

Joke of the week-Larry Pogemiller

By Bill Jungbauer

Sundays Pioneer Press had a decent article on our beloved Governor and the tax hungry DFL. All was fine and dandy with me until I had to read some snippets of blather from Senate Majority Leader Larry Pogemiller.

Larry had this to say, “I hope that in the next month he refocuses on Minnesota and a little less on his national horizons.” He was speaking about our Governor. I think he’s jelous. Seeing this in the paper reminded me of a joke I heard recently,

What is the difference between God and Larry Pogemiller?

God doesn’t think he’s Larry Pogemiller!

I believe in our Governor. Thank God we have him. Imagine if Hatch had won last fall. We would be paying every tax that has been proposed and then some.

Pawlenty had this to say, “We tried to focus on things that were in the range of doable and that were bread and butter issues. I don’t feel our effort to set aside wedge issues has been reciprocated in kind.”

I recall specifically, (I may even have this on tape) Metzen and Atkins saying that they were all for setting aside “wedge issues” but lets take a look at what these liberals have proposed so far,

Cutting spending for alternatives to abortions
Scrapping Pawlenty’s JOBZ job-creation program
Providing benefits to same-sex partners of state employees
Increase taxes on damn near everything

Pawlenty called for our lawmakers to focus on four areas at the beginning of this years session:

Fiscal discipline
Renewable energy
Making health care more affordable
And education reform

The problem with our big band of liberals is that none of them represents the people. Metzen, Pogemiller, Hansen, and Atkins are incapable of doing any good with a set budget. What they can squeeze from our wallets will never be enough.

No comments: