"He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left."
Matthew 25:33

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Brain Dead Puppet

This letter was printed in today's Saint Paul Pioneer Press. It points out the big problem with Betty McCollum. That she is incapable of any semblance of true leadership. That when she is contacted, all you get from her is a form letter. She recently sent me a letter about how wonderful the stimulus package is claiming there were no earmarks in it. When I read this I asked myself, "Where the hell has she been?" This leads me to believe that she never read the bill. I used to call her Evil Betty. I know now that it is not true. Now I consider her Pelosi's brain dead puppet.

Federal Reserve accountability

One of the promises of our new president is transparency. American taxpayers and future taxpayers are on the hook for trillions of dollars for TARP, automotive and insurance company bailouts, “stimulus” spend­ing projects, a deficit-run war on ter­ror, and whatever else gets dreamed up by the 111th Congress.
Besides these items, the Federal Reserve has printed up trillions of dollars out of thin air to cover the budget shortfalls. The American tax­payer has no control over the value of his or her money. That control belongs to the Federal Reserve.
The Fed is a creature of Congress, yet Congress has no control over this private organization that inflates and deflates the value of our money, cre­ates economic booms and busts through monetary policy, and is more secret than the CIA.
Despite repeated attempts to urge my congresswoman to co-sponsor HR 1207, which would allow Con­gress to audit the Federal Reserve, all I have received are form letters thanking me for contacting her office.
Why have six out of eight Minneso­ta representatives already co-spon­sored this important legislation? Rep. Betty McCollum needs to be accountable to her constituents or move aside.

Eric Goodrich, St. Paul

No comments: